Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I may earn money or products from any of the companies mentioned in this post. I only recommend products and services I trust to serve you. Purchasing through an affiliate link comes at no extra cost to you. You can learn more here
I love making and giving homemade gifts! I also love being able to spruce up my own wardrobe with simple patterns! Let me show you “How to Make a Simple Infinity Scarf”!
So many times, beginning sewists are intimidated by sewing “lingo” and complicated patterns! I remember when I was trying to learn how to sew, I just wished someone could sit next to me and just tell me if I was doing it right!
That’s why I made this tutorial for you! I explain, step-by-step, how to make this super cute infinity scarf, the way I need to learn as well! I feel very confident that you can do this! Your friends and family will be amazed when they receive these as gifts!
Infinity Scarf Supply List:
- Sewing machine
- Fabric measuring 16×60 (for thick fabric) or 18×60 for cotton blends/rayon
- Sharp pair of scissors
- Straight pins
- Needle and thread
- Cut your fabric to desired width, cut off any selvage.
- Fold right sides together length-wise.
- Sew a straight line with 1/2 to 5/8″ seam allowance down the cut side of fabric, leaving 6″ unsewn at both ends.
- Turn garment right side out.
- Pin the ends of the fabric, right sides together. (See video)
- Sew along pinned edge and remove pins.
- You will have a full circle, with just a small opening that will need hand-stitched, using the slip-stitch.
There is a lot more detail about how to make this infinity scarf in the video, so be sure to watch it first!
I’ve made quite a few of these infinity scarves as Christmas gifts! Enjoy!